Animal Kingdom is often referred to as a “half day” park. Considered the park currently closes each around at 5pm, this is not an unfair assessment. However, with my FastPass+ tips, you will have no problem fitting in all the attractions you don’t want to miss before leaving the park for the day.
- Even though I scream like a baby everytime I ride this attraction, it is still one of my favorites. If you are travelling with young children (or whimpy adults), this may be one to avoid. However, if you are seeking Jurassic sized thrills, definitely add DINOSAUR to your FastPass+ reservations
- Expedition Everest
- This is probably the most popular attraction at Disney’s Animal Kingdom so you better believe that it has some long wait times. Also, most of the queue is outside, so if you are vacationing the summer, this can be a really hot wait. Book a FastPass+ and get to the Yeti a lot sooner!
- Kilimanjaro Safari
- I love this attraction. I really enjoy that it’s a little different each time depending on where the animals are during your safari experience. If you race to the safari first thing in the morning, you have a good chance of a short stand-by time. But if you want to enjoy a breakfast at Tusker House, or wander around a little bit, definitely get a FastPass for this one.
- Finding Nemo – The Musical
- Okay, don’t skip this show, but do skip the FastPass. You really don’t need one. Just be sure to check your Times Guide and plan accordingly. You don’t want to get there right as a show is beginning and have to wait until the next show time.
- Primevil Whiril
- First, in my expereicnes, this attraction is usually closed. I have only been able to ride it once. Second, the time I was able to ride it, there was only a 10 minute wait. I would say this is an attraction where you can risk not getting a FastPass and still have a good opportunity to almost walk right on.
- Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
- Animal Kingdom is not the most popular park for meeting characters, so generally the line to meet Mickey and Minnie are shorter here. Plan to meet characters when everyone else is eating lunch and you’ll have a much shorter wait time.
When it comes to Animal Kingdom, you can definitely do everything in one day as long as you put in a little bit of planning before your trip. With these FastPass+ suggestions, you’ll be sure to check all the must-do attractions and still have time to everything else as well.
What is your favorite Animal Kingdom attraction? Let me know what it is and why in the comments!