Spending time during your Disney vacation to meet characters can create wonderful memories. With “face characters” (Princesses, Princes, Mary Poppins, etc) you can have a conversation, learn a little more about them, and take an awesome photo. But meeting characters can be tricky. What do you say? What should you ask?
Full disclosure: I still get nervous when I meet characters at Disney.
To help all of us have better character interactions during our meet and greets, I have put together some ideas to help ease the tension and create some magical moments.
Up first, Disney couples!
Aladdin and Jasmine
- Ask Aladdin about Genie, Abu, or the flying carpet
- Ask Jasmine about Raja (example: where does Raja sleep? What are some of Raja’s favorite snacks?)
- Call Aladdin a “street rat”
- Curtsy to Princess Jasmine
- Ask Jasmine what she would wish for if she had three wishes
- Ask Jasmine what she would want to be if she want not a Princess
- Ask Aladdin to sing a duet of a Whole New World with you
Tiana and Naveen
- Ask them both what the worst thing about being a frog was
- Ask them both what the best thing about being a frog was
- Ask them how Louis’s music career is going
- Ask Tiana about her restaurant
- Ask Tiana for her favorite recipe, or ask what her favorite food is
Ariel and Eric
- Ask Ariel how Scuttle, Sebastian, and Flounder are doing
- Ask Eric about Max
- Ask Ariel if she still uses a fork to brush her hair
- Ask Eric if he still has the same crazy chef working for him
- Ask Ariel if she misses being a mermaid
- Ask Ariel what the best part about having legs is
- Ask Eric how his kingdom is doing
Mary Poppins and Bert
- Ask Mary Poppins to say supercalafragalisticexpialadoshus backwards
- Ask Bert has he gets all the chimney soot off of him
- Ask Mary Poppins to measure you
- Ask Bert what the best thing about Mary Poppins is
- Ask Mary what the best thing about Bert is
- Ask Mary how Jane and Micheal are doing
Rapunzel and Flynn Rider
- Ask Rapunzel if she still carries her frying pan with her
- Ask Flynn Rider if the Wanted Posters ever got his nose right
- Ask Rapunzel how Pascal is doing
- Ask Flynn about Maximus and if they are friends now
- Ask Rapunzel how to repel Ruffians
- Ask Flynn Rider to sing with you
These are just a few ideas to start your Disney character meet and greets! What questions would you ask the Disney couples? Has a character ever made the experience truly memorable for you? Let me know in the comments.