Hi my name is Monica and I have a Walt Disney World obsession. If any of these signs sound like you, then you may have an obsession as well. It’s okay though, together we are united!
1. Walt Disney World is the ONLY choice – when it comes time to start planning your next vacation, the decision is already made as to where you are going: Disney World, of course! The idea of a tropical beach, far away destination, or big city adventure doesn’t even cross your mind because you have been mentally planning your next WDW vacation since the day you last left the park. Disneyland? Nope! Not when you can travel to magical Disney World instead!
2. History Buff – it’s great to just have fun when you are at Disney World, but a truly obsessed fan knows all the ins and outs. You can casually explain the significance of each window on Main Street, you know when each park was built, and you have some historical anecdote for almost every attraction. Bonus obsession points if small tour groups form around you as you make your way through the park.
3. eBay Master – you know that you’re obsessed with WDW when you spend hours of your free time scouring eBay for that perfect vintage piece to finish off your collection. Plates, mugs, figurines, pennants – anything with the Walt Disney World name on it needs to be yours!
4. Cinderella Castle – in your mind, Cinderella Castle is the ONLY castle and you get slightly offended when someone confuses Sleeping Beauty Castle and Cinderella Castle. Your number one dream is to stay a night in the Castle Suite.
5. You Don’t Need a Map – you have the layout of all four parks memorized, so there is no need to carry a map, stop to ask directions, or search frantically for a restroom.
6. Spontaneous Singing – it is almost impossible for you not to burst out singing the Main Street Trolley Show, Wishes!, or Festival of Fantasy music at some point during your week.
7. Disney Chef – whenever you are looking for a new recipe, you immediate start searching the internet for tips on creating your favorite Disney World dish. One of my greatest accomplishments is perfecting the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup from Le Cellier. Below is my next recipe to tackle; Pan-seared Verlasso Salmon with mushroom risotto from Coral Reef.
8. Hidden Mickey – you see hidden Mickeys throughout the day and have to fight the urge to point them out to everyone around you.
9. Promotional Material – you know you’re obsessed with Walt Disney World when you re-watch the vacation planning DVD to ease the pain of not being there just a little bit.
10. Say it Loud and Proud – You know you are obsessed with Disney World and you don’t care who knows it! You wear your obsession like a badge of honor (bonus points if you actually have a badge and please send me the eBay link on where you found it)!
Do you have a Walt Disney World addiction? Tell me your favorite Walt Disney World memory in the comments.